How You Can Help
The Albuquerque Shambhala Center is truly a grass-roots effort and has thrived on community support, energy and enthusiasm. We are a relatively new and small Shambhala Center, and there are many things that are yet to be in place for a smoother, more efficient running Center. There are several things on the Center's wish list that would enable Albuquerque to provide more programming and a richer environment for its community. These are ways you can contribute to the fruition of the Albuquerque Shambhala Center:
• Join us for community events, Sunday morning meditation and programs.
• Volunteer your time at the Center. You can do this by staffing programs, helping to maintain the Center and its outdoor areas, cleaning the shrine room, cooking for teachers, hanging event flyers around town, becoming a timekeeper, setting up tea for an Open House, just to name a few.
• Make a one-time donation. All donations are deeply appreciated.
• Become a member of the Albuquerque Shambhala Center (Please see the Membership page).
If you would like to volunteer or become a
member, email devon.
If you would like to donate (or make a donation toward) an item on the list, email devon.
- Cleaning service (to uplift the space before programs)
- Scholarship fund: We would like add to the current fund to help individuals attend programs who otherwise could not afford it.
- Teacher’s travel fund: This will enable us to bring teachers here for a variety of additional teachings that are not currently within the Center’s budget.
- Yeshe Tsogyal banner: The Sakyong has requested that every Shambhala Center include a depiction of the wisdom queen, Yeshe Tsogyal, who embodies enlightened feminine principle. The banner was recently completed by Cynthia Moku and is currently available (see www.cmoku.com). The cost for the banner is $380, with tax and shipping from Halifax, the total comes to $500.
May the lotus garden of compassionate activity continually bloom for the benefit of all beings!